The latest Third Sector Group meeting was held on the 9th October 2014 and kindly hosted by Glencraft at their office. This meeting was chaired by James Bream, Policy & Research Director at the Chamber. It also saw, Fiona Fernie, going off on maternity leave and Mary Holland taking over as the Membership Network Manager looking after the Third Sector.
The Agenda & Papers can be found here and the minutes of the meeting can be read here. The minutes of the previous meeting can also be read here. The minutes contain the full minute and actions but there are a few key ones summarised below
- It was agreed a sub-group of members should meet to progress the actions arising out of the Third Sector Research (sponsored by Cornerstone) meeting. Rachel Milne and Pamela Mackenzie both volunteered to be involved. Anyone else interested in being part of this group please email Lee-Ann.Stewart@agcc.co.uk by 31st October 2014.
- Third sector ‘specialist’ bankers and also a representative from Social Investment Scotland to be invited to the next meeting.
- For those of interested in finding out more about Business Mentoring, please contact Gordon.firstname.lastname@example.org at 01224 343909.
The dates for the steering group meetings in 2015 have been set as follows:
- Tuesday 31st March at 10am – 12 o’clock, in The Shire Meeting Room at the Chamber
- Monday 2nd November at 10 am – 12 o’clock in The city Meeting Room at the Chamber
Third Sector News
For more Third Sector news, please click here.
Library of information
The research was on recruitment and retention issues in the third sector. The report includes issues such as: Recruitment and retention challenges, Wage inflation, Methods used to recruit and retain staff and Turnover of staff and reasons for staff turnover.
Third Sector Survey
The Third Sector Survey 2012 provides a general profile of businesses in the third sector in North-east Scotland. The survey is specifically aimed to capture current performance, present and future issues concerning the sector, and the priorities and strategic focus of the industry going forward. It provides useful market intelligence to sector stakeholders for decision making, effective policy lobbying and representation and also serve as a document for future reference and comparison.
Click here to view the full survey.
If you would like to be part of the Third Sector Network, please contact Mary Holland, Membership Network Manager, on 01224 343903 or email email@example.com for more information.
As a member of the Chamber, you can also get involved by sending information on Third Sector related news and events to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on our Third Sector Network page and monthly Third Sector updates.