Kenoteq is on a mission to ‘supply the most innovative and sustainable construction products the building industry has seen… using waste materials’. Their first product is a construction brick made from nearly 100% construction waste.
- There is currently a brick shortage in the UK - in 2019 the UK imported 500 million bricks
- The UK has a housebuilding target of 300,000 new homes per annum
- 70% of all construction waste needs to be recycled
- Kenoteq has developed a brick that is made out of nearly 100% recycled construction waste
- It needs no firing so can be manufactured at one tenth of the energy of a conventional brick
- It has comparable strength of a conventional brick but provides double the thermal insulation
- The bricks can be made to bespoke colours and sizes
In 2021 the company will be installing a new facility to undertake pre-production trials with a view to entering into full scale production in 2022 manufacturing 2 million bricks per year.
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org