What is ChamberFORCE?
A partnership programme that provides a vital link between between selected Chambers of Commerce and the Armed Forces community, designed to bring tangible business benefits to Chamber members. Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce has already pledged its support by signing the Armed Forces Covenant and has also been awarded Employer Recognition Scheme Bronze Award.
What’s in it for Business?
A few of the many benefits are:
- Access to highly-skilled Service Leavers, Reservists and Veterans to strengthen your workforce either as employees, or on temporary work placements.
- FREE leadership and teamwork training for your staff via a range of military-led activities and challenges. From half day workshops at your place of work, to a full weekend on a training exercise, these activities will develop your staff’s confidence, decision-making and resilience.
- Exclusive invitations to key networking events across the UK, including Land and Air Power Combat Demonstrations, Royal Navy ship visits and sea passages, Military Ceremonial Events and Tri-Service employer visits.
- Fully funded trips overseas with your Reservist employees on exercise during summer or cold weather operations, and a chance to discuss management and leadership strategies.
- FREE media and communications support to raise the profile of your business as an Armed Forces friendly employer across national business networks.
Did you know?
- That the Ministry of Defence (MoD) delivers training worth over £8,000 to every Reservist, every year? This makes Reservists on your workforce multi-skilled and highly adaptable, at no cost to your Business.
- That SME’s can claim up to £500 a month if their Reservist is mobilised, along with up to £2,000 worth of training costs and additional salary costs if needed.
- That employers have found having a Reservist on the workforce acts as a positive role model to younger members of staff, impacting positively on colleagues and productivity.