Many managers are in post without having the skills necessary to make them an effective manager. The objective of this course is to ensure that managers are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to carry out their job. As a result, delegates will be more confident within their role and will be able to achieve company goals and targets more efficiently.
What will you learn?
Over the duration of this two day course, delegates will develop skills to:
Engaging & Managing Others
- Management Style and Effectiveness
- Be a Confident Communicator in formal and informal settings
- Understanding Other’s Perspectives
- People Speak About Soft Skills – Do I need Them?
- Personal Resilience
Organisational Challenges & Priorities
- Problem Solving
- Working with Senior Managers
- Co-ordinating Multiple Teams
- Resourcing & Managing Projects and Clients
- How to be intrusive but not invasive as a manager
- The wider engagement agenda and how that links to performance
- Giving feedback
Who is it for?
- Effective Resourcing & Recruitment
- Culture, Standards, Quality & Behaviour
- Who’s out there to help you - Do we have a policy on that?
- Developing & Improving
- Consultation & Collaboration
This course is ideal for managers new to their role, individuals that are intending to move into a managerial role or managers who would like to refresh or extend their skills. You will develop experience to help you function effectively and manage the increasingly complex situations you will face.
You may be a business owner or may have attended our Supervisor's Programme and looking at your next steps.
Course duration: two days
Date doesn’t suit?
If this course is of interest but the date doesn’t work for you, contact email@example.com and we’ll try and accommodate your needs. Alternatively, we can organise a tailored course or programme for your business, enhancing the expertise, productivity and performance of your teams, giving your business a competitive advantage. We’ll make sure the content and format are right for you.
Please note that payment is due when booking. Invoicing is only possible on immediate payment terms after receipt of a valid PO number (if applicable).
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
Back to training courses
Join the waitlist
We'll let you know if any spaces free up.