In the ever-changing world of complex international rules, laws, regulations and customs even seasoned export/import professionals may find themselves in unfamiliar situations.
This one-day course will prove informative and beneficial for companies who are looking to, or who are already trading outside the EU. It will explain customs systems, procedures and documentation, help you identify possible cost savings and enable you to meet your international trade customs responsibilities.
Participants will understand the customs import and export procedures and documentation required to ensure that import and export movements are as cost effective and frictionless as possible.
What will you learn?
Who is it for?
- Understanding of the various customs procedures
- The objective of each procedure
- The impact on the supply chain
- The authorisations
- The rules and compliance requirements
- HMRC and their role
- Customs documents and procedures
- SAD - Single Administrative Document
- Declarations how are they made
- DUCR Declaration Unique Consignment Reference
- Understand the function of CHIEF
- Tariff/Commodity codes - their importance
- How goods are classified and why
- Duties and taxes - how to calculate
- Freight Forwarders
- Special procedures
- The Union Customs Code (UCC)
- ATA Carnet
- INTRASTAT - thresholds and values
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
- Charging VAT
- Evidence of removal
- Zero rate
- Reporting obligations
- Free circulation
- VAT return
Anybody involved in the import or export process, procurement and logistics should attend. It is suitable for those new to import and export and those wanting to update their knowledge.
Course duration: 1 day
There is an optional exam (open book) at the end of the course, this is marked by the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) and gives a certificate of competence. These exams (on passing 6 subjects) will lead to a BCC Foundation Award in International Trade which is equivalent to a SVQ qualification.
Please note that payment is due at the time of booking. Invoicing is only possible on immediate payment terms after receipt of a valid purchase order number (if applicable).
Back to training courses
Online via Zoom