Difficult, high tension or high anxiety situations can arise for all of us at work. An effective behavioural and practical “toolkit” can help us support and lead others through these experiences, whilst maintaining our own mental and emotional wellbeing.
Why this course?
This one-day course will help you to identify & understand some of the issues that lead to conflict and how you and others react to it. You’ll learn some practical techniques for working through these situations, including analysis tools, dialogue tools, and self-management techniques. We’ll work through some of your own real-world challenges to help put the learning in context and show how it can be applied.
What you will learn
Who it is for?
Anyone looking to build their confidence & capability during conflict, high tension or difficult situations.
- Identifying the early signs of conflict
- Indicators and flags of a deteriorating situation
- Techniques for surfacing problems and issues
- How to dig deeper to get to the root of the problem
- Managing conflict when it emerges
- Understanding different conflict styles
- Tools for working with positions, interests & needs
- Tools & techniques for difficult conversations
- Managing ourselves during conflict
- Understanding our own conflict preferences
- Building personal reliance
- Moving forward after difficulties.
We can also tailor a training programme for your needs with our in-house training courses making them focused, consistent and relevant to your business needs.
Course duration: one day
Please note that payment is due at the time of booking. Invoicing is only possible on immediate payment terms after receipt of a valid purchase order number (if applicable).
Back to training courses
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don