Businesses who have embraced the new legislation are using the GDPR to their advantage and gaining the legal and social licence to do innovative things with personal data.
This course helps you to understand the core principles of the regulation and other privacy legislation and to consider the idea that rather than the regulation being viewed as just a compliance ‘tick box exercise’, it’s a golden opportunity to embark on digital transformation initiatives that return the customer to the heart of your business.
What you will learn
- Understand what has changed and how the new law affects your business
- Discuss fair and lawful processing, data subject rights and data controller/processor relationships
- Interpret company data to preform data audits, mapping exercises and contextual inquiry
- Examine how to document, account and provide transparency for your processing
- Identify the lawful basis for processing by meeting one of six conditions
- GDPR, PECR and the digital impact
- Uncover digital transformation opportunities to enhance security and efficiency
- Find new ways to create value and build trust points to put customers back in control
- Consent – when to use it, how to use it and how to verify it
- Marketing – making it easier to say yes than safer to say no
- Persuasive marketing to strengthen evolving digital relationships
Who it is for
- Enhanced data protection awareness including security
- Better data governance with more efficient processes and procedures
- Higher value data with minimal risk to business
- Broadened knowledge of Privacy by Design and by Default, the cornerstone of GDPR
- Strengthened foundations to support evolving digital relationships (trust points)
- Deeper understanding of why GDPR is the springboard for the next big technology leap
- Discover digital transformation opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship
This course is ideal for anyone who are responsible for the collection and processing of personal data, such as compliance, human resources, IT, records, archivists, and database managers and those who want to gain control of the organisation’s data processing and obtain a firm grasp on the role of a Data Protection Officer.
We can tailor a programme for your needs with our in-house training courses making them focused, consistent and relevant to your business needs.
Please note that payment is due at the time of booking. Invoicing is only possible on immediate payment terms after receipt of a valid purchase order number (if applicable).
Back to training courses
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don