This interactive two day course facilitates the opportunity for those working in HR to fully explore the key subjects listed below allowing delegates to leave the course and return to their business feeling confident that can take their HR to the next level.
- What is business partnering?
- Why is it different to other roles in HR
- Do I need to be strategic?
- Define the key skills, attitudes and behaviours of a HR Business Partner
- Decision making, problem solving, influencing & persuasion, coaching, customer focused
- Stakeholder management – internal, external, third party
- Relationship building (including internal politics)
- Understanding business at the basic level
- Why it is important to understand what is happening outside the organisation
- Creditability, professionalism and ethics
By the End of the Course Delegates will be able to :
- Identify with the role of HR Business Partner
- Feel confident to implement measures which facilitate linkage of HR to business value or end user service provision
- Developed clear understanding of business generally and more specifically their own business and its alignment to the role of HR Business Partner
- Know how to go beyond just having policies and procedures
- An exercise on the day in the life of business partner will feature throughout the 2 day course providing delegates with regular opportunity to reflect on their existing capabilities; what they are learning from the course whilst mapping their continued professional development.
Who is it for?
Those working in large HR teams and looking to develop their HR career to next level; standalone HR practitioners who are seeking to be able to demonstrate stronger alignment to the business bottom line.HR practitioners who generally wish to develop or refresh their skills or focus on their continuous professional development (CPD) would also benefit.
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available