Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Member Rate: £245.00 +VAT | Non Member Rate: £370.00 +VAT
- Places available
Most companies involved with the oil and gas industry are able to take advantage of the Shipwork End Use (END) system (which replaced the old Continental Shelf / IPR authorisation in 2001 ) where goods destined for the oil and gas industry can be imported into the country without the payment of customs duty as long as the goods are put to their prescribed use.
There are however, significant rules and regulations which need to be followed to comply with the law governing this benefit.
Participants will learn how to:
- Understand fully the legal implications of this authorisation and to create a better awareness of the general customs procedures required to satisfy the law
- Develop the operational needs for all companies in both a theoretical and practical manner
- Use the legal basis of the End Use Authorisation and to create an overall awareness of the rules and regulations governing this system
- Become more knowledgeable and experienced to be more comfortable and confident when dealing with customs matters
- Create better awareness and understanding of all customs regulations for people responsible for the movement of goods
All personnel who are involved with the logistics and materials control functions including the purchasing / inventory / financial and shipping departments. This shall also benefit those directly responsible for the general customs requirements of their company.
Course duration: 1/2 day