We can all improve our everyday meetings and group discussions by using some of the basic processes and methods employed by professional facilitators. Make frustrating, time-wasting or directionless meetings into a thing of the past. This is a hands on, practical workshop where we encourage you to work on real-life examples.
What Will You Learn?
We will help you to:
Get set for success:
- Learn how to create the conditions for full participation
- Establishing effective ground rules
- Use scalable planning templates and process notes
- Setting the agenda
- Develop an understanding of content, process & emotion and how they interconnect.
Be effective in the room:
- Understand the distinct roles of chairman, delegate and facilitator, and how to balance them
- Learn how to take the pulse of a meeting for pace, process and purpose
- How to tweak for teleconferencing by using additional checks and techniques
- Managing the flipchart
- Taking accurate minutes
- Checking for buy-in
- Assigning actions & outputs
Who is it For?
Anyone who regularly hosts or chairs meetings and would like to improve their skills.
This course is also an excellent introduction to facilitative practice and would also suit anyone looking to develop their understanding and delivery of facilitated delivery practice.
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available