This programme will support the delegate to plan and manage their/team members investigations effectively in an HR context. The aims are to help people to manage their workload and conduct or direct an effective Investigation by building confidence, improve quality and streamlining the process.
You will be exploring:
- The Role of the Investigator
- Key Investigation Skills
- Structured Investigation and Planning
- What is Evidence?
- Key Analytical Skills
- Asking Effective Investigative Questions
- Do’s and Don’ts of Interviewing
- Tips for the Interviewer
What will you gain from the session?
- Respecting confidential matters, there will be the opportunity to discuss experiences and any areas of concern or lack of confidence individuals may have.
- Understanding the benefits of getting it right - Thinking about the risks to the organisation of us getting it wrong.
- Consider what threatens workplace investigations and outcomes, developing strategies to support your goals as Investigator.
- Understand why time management is important and what you can do to manage the various situation(s) you may face
HR professional and former Detective, this session offers something for everyone across the HR and management spectrum: Having built a distinguished career investigating serious and critical incidents onshore and offshore in the UK, leading teams of Investigators in International inquiries, spending time working at Executive level leading a large team of HR professionals which provided strategic, tactical and operational support for an organisation of 2,500 people at a time of major restructure and change at a national level.
Who is it for?
Business owners, Managers, HR or any other professional who needs support or advice to improve their own ability, or that of their team members, to manage investigations
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available