The training programme will support the delegate to plan and manage investigations effectively in an HR context, aims to help people manage their workload and conduct or direct an effective investigation by building confidence, improving quality and streamlining the process.
What will be covered:
- The role of the investigator
- Key investigation skills
- Structured investigation and planning
- What is evidence?
- Key analytical skills
- Asking effective investigative questions
- Do’s and don’ts of interviewing
- Tips for the interviewer
What will you gain from the session?
- Respecting confidential matters, there will be the opportunity to discuss experiences and any areas of concern or lack of confidence individuals may have.
- Understanding the benefits of getting it right - thinking about the risks to the organisation of us getting it wrong.
- Consider what threatens workplace investigations and outcomes, developing strategies to support your goals as investigator.
- Understand why time management is important and what you can do to manage the various situation(s) you may face
Business owners, managers, HR or any professional who is looking for support or advice on managing investigations.
HR professional and former detective who has built a distinguished career investigating serious and critical incidents onshore and offshore in the UK, led teams of investigators in international inquiries and spent time working at executive level leading a large team of HR professionals which provided strategic, tactical and operational support for an organisation of 2,500 people at a time of major restructure and change at a national level. This session offers something for everyone across the HR and management spectrum.
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available