This one-day interactive course where the emphasis is high on skill and understanding and less procedural form filling will explore what performance management is; its linkage with the business plan and why it is important to have clear goals and objectives. The crux of effective performance management involves communication; a focus on behaviour, attitudes and results but equally important is taking action when required, ie rewarding the positive not the negative.
Additionally, the practicalities of doing performance management includes what will be viewed by the people in the organisation as both positive and negative outcomes. By undertaking successful performance management discussions and actions be they informal or formal it can also include termination actions. Avoiding taking the touch decisions or having the tough conversations simply makes the situation worse.
What will you learn?
By the end of the day delegates will be able to:
- Understand what performance management is and how getting it right is important for the bottom line or service delivery
- Have the knowledge on how to manage all their team be they high performers, average performers or low performers
- Feel confident to conduct individual performance management, utilising the most appropriate approach (informal or formal)
- Be clear on the criticality of the performance development plan
- Be ready and have the confidence on how to plan for and conduct the conversations that might be perceived as being awkward or difficult
- Set clear and measurable goals and objectives that motivate and encourage positive performance
- Whilst remaining compliant with Employment Legislation understand and have confidence to end employment relationships if necessary because of performance issues - no employer wants to have to defend itself at Employment Tribunal
Who is it for?
By effectively managing performance throughout, the organisation can facilitate a maximisation of resource utilisation. This course will benefit anyone who is looking to improve their ability to get the best from their people or teams.
Supervisor, managers, and those who have responsibility for HR will benefit from attending.
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available