IR35 is tax legislation introduced by HMRC to address tax avoidance by workers supplying their services through an intermediary.
This course will explore the legislation changes, examine potential risks and provide essential knowledge to formulate an action plan.
Why this course?
IR35 legislation has changed with regulations being extended to the private sector from April 2020. Organisations need to be aware of the impact and risks brought by the tightening of these rules aimed at so-called ‘disguised employees’ - people whose working practices are more akin to those of traditional employees rather than being part of the gig economy.
Awareness of these changes is paramount to mitigating associated risks for organisations who engage consultants either through personal service/umbrella companies or a contractor who is registered as a one director limited company.
What will you learn?
- Key points of IR35 legislation, specifically changes announced in the Autumn 2018 Budget
- Key definitions associated within IR35 regulations to help you understand if, how and where your organisation is aligned
- What and where are the risks
- Understand what steps should be taken
- Key lessons learned by the public sector
- Identify any benefits IR35 regulation changes could bring to your business
Who is it for?
Hiring managers, commercial contract and HR advisors, risk managers and sole business owners
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available