An Authorised Economic Operator is an exporter or importer that has been accredited by HMRC as a compliant business and an AEO certificate is an internationally recognised mark of compliance.
The AEO status indicates to the entire supply chain that the business processes and controls are secure and compliant and that the company is taking global trade compliance seriously. It also brings benefits to the business, for instance it waives some requirements for financial guarantees.
This training gives an overview of the AEO compliance requirements and the application process. It you will help you determine whether an AEO accreditation could benefit your organisation.
What will you learn?
- Introduction and definition of the AEO
- Types of AEO
- Compliance requirements
- Criteria for application
- Maintenance of the AEO status
- Mutual recognition with similar standards such as C-TPAT.
- Advantages and inconvenient of the AEO status.
Who is it for?
· Logistics and supply chain specialists who need to meet the compliance requirements linked to the cross-border movements of goods to avoid disruption and penalties.
· Finance departments who need to understand the impact of compliance on the business profit.
· Any department tasked with exploring the AEO accreditation for the business.
For updates on funding that will become available for international courses get in touch.
Please note that payment is due at the time of booking. Invoicing is only possible on immediate payment terms after receipt of a valid purchase order number (if applicable).
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available