Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Member Rate: £245.00 +VAT | Non Member Rate: £370.00 +VAT
- Places available
In addition to these new requirements any company wishing to be authorised under the new Processing authorisation will have to either already be a certified AEO (C) or will have to prove that it works to AEO standards whilst not having yet achieved certification.
This half-day course explains the new requirements and most importantly the new benefits and opportunities that a Processing Authorisation will offer to companies sourcing components or raw materials from outside the EU for further processing in the EU.
What will you learn?
- How to apply for authorisation
- The responsibilities of authorisation holders
- Import and export customs clearance entries SAD/C88
- Tariff and classification, commodity codes and CPC codes
- Eligible disposal and rate of yield and MCP/SCP
- Relief from customs duty, import VAT
- Equivalence, prior export equivalence, with or without triangulation
Anybody involved in the import or export process should attend. It is suitable for those new to import and export and those wanting to update their knowledge.
Course duration: 1/2 day
There is an optional exam (open book) at the end of the course, this is marked by the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) and gives a certificate of competence. These exams (on passing 6 subjects) will lead to a BCC Foundation Award in International Trade which is mapped to a Level 2 SVQ terminology and provides invaluable skills for small and large companies alike.