Practical support and advice for those involved in running small, medium and large projects – it will help you actually plan and deliver effectively.
The aim is to help you:
- Plan efficiently – making time and looking ahead
- Engaging key stakeholders – internally and externally
- Taking the lead and maintaining control
- Communicate well
- Get your project back on track if something goes wrong
- If you have to manage a project or series of projects, you need to understand the principles of project management and the complexities of scale
- Gauging time, resources and impact as well as measures of success
- Making sure you have thought about your stakeholders
- Planning, Execution and Delivery
- What are the risks?
- Avoiding the classic mistakes
- Some budgeting tips
- Managing tasks – with or without technology
- Knowing when you have completed your goal
- Lessons learned
- Improve your organisational skills and planning
- Use appropriate tools and techniques
- Consider the impact and consequence of your project
- Identify and communicate with stakeholders
- Deliver a successful outcome
Who is it for?
Business owners, managers and team members who will benefit from:
- Learning about the practical aspects of Project Management
- Managing tasks as a mini-project
- Improving the way they organise events or changes to ensure time, resources and impact are properly gauged and to ensure lessons can be captured and learned
- Considering tools and techniques to improve the way they work
The course is designed to introduce people to the basic, essential principles of Project Management. It would benefit those who are new to projects and Project Management and those who are required to carry out project-related tasks. It is also useful for enhancing existing understanding of project terminology and documentation.
Course duration: 1 day
Please note that payment is due at the time of booking. Invoicing is only possible on immediate payment terms after receipt of a valid purchase order number (if applicable).
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Limited places available