Goods are frequently detained and delayed at Customs borders due to incorrect declaration of origin, costing you money and potentially damages your reputation.
What will you learn?
- Why a Certificate of Origin is required
- What is meant by Preference
- Why the tariff is so important
- What is the percentage rule
- Wholly produced & Sufficiently Processed, Last Substantial Transformation
- Origin Rules for Change of Origin
- Commodity Codes – Chapters and Headings
- Approved Exporter Status
- Originating Material and Non‐Originating Material
- ATR & Free Circulation
- Free Trade Agreements
Who is it for?
Any personnel preparing export or import documentation, dealing with customer queries, gathering of origin evidence etc., would gain great benefit from attending this course
In addition, we can tailor a programme for your needs with our in-house training courses making them focused, consistent and relevant to your business needs.
Course duration: 1/2 day
There is an optional exam (open book) at the end of the course, this is marked by the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) and gives a certificate of competence. These exams (on passing 6 subjects) will lead to a BCC Foundation Award in International Trade which is equivalent to a SVQ qualification.
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available