What will you learn?
- Explain the principles of, and differences between financial accounts and management accounts;
- Prepare and understand a profit and loss account and balance sheet, the relationship between them and consider their significance within your own organisation and how operational decisions can impact on the results;
- Produce a cash flow forecast and understand the difference between profit and cash and why it matters;
- Undertake effective business performance analysis;
- Understand budgetary procedures with particular attention given to interpreting people’s motivation to action and achieving ‘win/win’ outcomes;
- Prepare a variety of budgets;
- Understand costing principles and the difference between variable and fixed costs;
- Ask relevant questions about financial matters;
- Consider alternative investment appraisal methods.
Business owners, managers, professionals and support staff who require a detailed knowledge of finance, how it all works and how it impacts on their area of responsibility. The learning from the programme will be relevant to delegates and can be applied within their own organisations. Delivery is based around discussion of the topics with the use of practical examples and exercises to help develop new skills.
In addition, we can tailor a programme for your needs with our in-house training courses making them focused, consistent and relevant to your business needs.
Find out more 01224 343917
Course duration: 2 days
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce
The Hub, Exploration Drive
Aberdeen Energy Park
Bridge of Don
- Places available