A Vanguard conference designing the future of our region
December 5 2017 at The Belmont Filmhouse, Aberdeen.
There is a cohesive plan in place and progress is underway to reinvent the future economy of North-east Scotland to ensure we become a renaissance region, not a museum to what was once Europe’s oil and gas capital.
However, if we are to achieve our ambition it will take a collective effort and is everyone’s responsibility to do their bit to shape the future.
We recruited a group of around 100 people including future leaders who had passion, ideas and wanted to play their part in designing the future….but felt that they had no opportunity to do so.
This is our attempt to provide a platform for them to do just that. The Vanguard Legacy project teams have brought incredible energy, passion and fresh thinking to how we can progress the following key challenges:
- What will it take to get this region on the map as a serious European short break destination and what iconic attraction would help us to achieve this?
- How could a world class events programme in the region drive in-bound tourism as well as making this an even better place to live and what might this look like?
- How do we make sure we retain graduates and our very best talent in the North-east?
- What would be required to make sure any future capital/city of culture bid was successful?
- How do we make Aberdeen a ‘cool’ place for residents, students and visitors?
- North-east Scotland is already Scotland’s capital for food and drink production; how do we bring this to life for local consumers and visitors
- What will it take to make the people of the area fall back in love with Union Street?
- How can we build on the success of Buy North-east to promote a culture of local procurement?
The event is designed to provide a platform for you to be a part of this; to hear about the progress being made and have your say in what happens next during our Q&A session after the presentations.
Our keynote speakers for the day are:
Adrian Webster. Adrian is one of the most entertaining and effective motivational speakers in the UK today. Riot police officer, milkman and salesman were just a few of the entries on his CV before he moved into the I.T industry and discovered an ability to motivate others.
He knows how to inspire people to be extraordinary and offers practical take-away tools mixed in with his humorous, impactful, engaging and down to earth presentation style.
Jennifer Craw, Chief Executive, Opportunity North East who will update delegates on the plans for sector diversification and progress of City Region Deal-related activities.
Rob Shorthouse, Client & Communications Director for Scotrail will be giving his personal lessons learnt from the Glasgow Commonwealth Games bid, engaging the wider community in economic activity, inclusive growth and opening people’s eyes to see what the possibilities are for the future.
Tea, coffee, lunch, free all-day parking and most importantly popcorn & pick ‘n’ mix is included in the ticket price.
Please note: A special price option for Vanguardees who wish to attend the full day is available.
49 Belmont Street
- Member Rate: £50.00 +VAT | Non Member Rate: £75.00 +VAT
- Places available