Chamber research has shown that more than half of our members (56%) currently export goods overseas, which is significantly higher than the UK average of a third (32%). Six out of 10 businesses in our region are aiming to grow their sales internationally.
We can provide information about opportunities around the world to help achieve this ambition.
Export Hub Scotland
The Scottish Chamber of Commerce Export Hub, in partnership with Scottish Government, promotes trade mission opportunities for Scottish Businesses. These are ideal if you're looking to learn more about exporting, accessing new markets and are ready to take your product/service out to international markets.
BMCC offer export opportunities by seeking vegan products
The British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce Berhad (BMCC) has recently keyed in some export opportunities and would be grateful to receive queries related to each of them. For more information or queries please email.
UK and Guyana partnership
The Department for International Trade has received two specific requests in order to forge more relationships between businesses in the UK and Guyana.
- A local Guyanese company is seeking to engage a UK company that provides safety equipment for oil and gas for a joint venture.
- Another local Guyanese company is seeking to partner with a UK company in the area of safety equipment supply and servicing. The company must be BOSIET certified. The aim is to establish a servicing centre for the Offshore Marine Sector.
To enquire further, please contact Sherwyn Naughton.
Scottish companies interested in providing products and services to Kenyan project
The project is to provide reliable and clean water in rural and urban areas across 2 countries in Kenya. Water component:
- The project shall consist of raw water intake from a river, raw water gravity main, a water treatment plant of capacity 110,000m3/day, a hydro-power station to lift treated water to water reservoirs to be constructed on top of hills for gravity distribution of water to the 2 counties.
- The proposed water distribution network in the first county consists of 270km of steel and HDPE pipelines ranging from 150mm to 1000mm diameter plus 12 No. reinforced concrete water reservoirs of a total capacity 20,500m3 ranging from 500m3 to 12,000m3. In the second county, the proposed water distribution network consists of 93km of steel and HDPE pipelines ranging from 200mm to 900mm diameter plus 6 No. reinforced concrete water reservoirs of a total capacity 10,000m3 ranging from 500m3 to 5,000m3.
- In a major town in one of the counties, a new sewerage collection system consisting of 47km trunk sewers ranging from 200mm to 1200 mm diameter and 145 km of secondary sewer lines will drain to a new 14,600m3/day sewerage treatment plant.
- In two smaller towns in the second country, the proposed works under the sanitation component will consist of rehabilitation and expansion of existing works.
The project is worth £200m which, if the bidder is successful, will include £60m of UK content under the rules of the UKEF financing. The lead EPC is not a UK company and the supply would be direct to Kenya, however, there are several arrangements possible for the UK supplier as follows:
- A consortium or JV with the lead EPC
- Consultant / supply and support agreement with the lead EPC
- Works contract / sub-contracting with the lead EPC
The submission deadline is May 2021. For more information or to submit interest please contact email@example.com.
Virtual trade mission to Florida and Latin America by Forth Valley Chamber of Commerce - April 22 - 23
Few areas can match the scale and scope Florida’s Industry Assets: competitive costs, favourable tax structure, business supporting policies, large and diverse talent pool (9.5m), comprehensive infrastructure, global connections and a huge market.
Did you know?
- Florida is the 17th largest global economy;
- has one of the world’s most extensive multi-model transportation systems featuring 20 commercial airports;
- 15 deep seawater shipping ports;
- multiple hubs allowing for high speed data transmission world-wide.
And is also home to:
- Over 400 bio-tech establishments;
- 350 pharmaceutical companies;
- over 690 Medical Development Organisations;
- it has an annual spend of 1.4bn$ on R&D;
- Florida Universities are amongst the US’s top producers of STEM graduates;
- Florida boasts some of the top hospitals, Research Parks, Universities and Incubator and Accelerator facilities within the US;
- with strengths in Life Sciences, Information Technology, Aviation and Aerospace, Logistics and Cleantech.
If you are a Scottish company within the sectors mentioned above and you are interested in joining this trade mission to Florida, find out more and considering registering here.
Webinar: GlobalScot Bob Dewar-Doing Business in the US - April 27
Join GlobalScot Bob Dewar, lawyer based in the US, as he leads companies through the legalities and complexities of Doing Business in the USA.
Bob is a Partner at Williams Mullen, an international law firm based in Richmond, Virginia. He studied law at Edinburgh University and has a Master’s degree from George Washington University. Bob worked in Virginia as a fully qualified attorney for six years before qualifying as a solicitor in England and Wales and relocating to London. He was responsible for opening the law firm’s office in London and he was engaged in transactional work throughout Europe, on behalf of both US and European companies.
Click here for more information and how to register.
Virtual trade mission to North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany - June 1 - 2
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a delegation of Scottish companies for a virtual trade mission to the region of North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany from June 1-2 2021. The mission will focus on green tech and renewable energy, and aims to attract Scottish companies across these two key sectors who are interested in exporting and expanding internationally.
Key focus sectors:
- Green Tech
- Renewable Energy
With COP26 coming to Glasgow in November 2021, the mission will highlight the importance of green business models and the increasing demand for renewable energy and sustainable processes amid industry. As part of the mission, there'll be a market awareness session as well as two B2B meetings based on attendee's requirements and with the support from the partner in-market.
If you are a Scottish company within the sectors mentioned above and you are interested in joining GCC's trade mission to Germany, please email their international trade executive, Seren, for more details and an application form.
The application deadline is Thursday April 1 2021. Please note that there will be a restriction on the number of spaces available.
Virtual trade mission to California, USA by West Lothian Chamber of Commerce - June 8 - 9
This virtual trade mission provides a platform to explore international trade opportunities in the state of California, from Los Angeles and Hollywood to Silicon Valley and other key locations.
Delegates will hear from, and meet, relevant business leaders and leading Californian and British companies as well as access will be given to sound market intelligence.
The programme will include:
- Virtual networking to meet the Scottish delegation.
- Market Awareness Session – California economy, business, tax and legal environment.
- Virtual one-to-one business meetings with potential clients or trade partners.
- Sector specific meetings tailored according to industry and stated business objectives.
Potential Sectors include:
- Food & Drink
- Agriculture & Viticulture
- Digital Health
- Renewable Energy
The virtual trade mission is free to any Scottish businesses interested in growing their international trade activity. Visit here for more information.