Chamber research has shown that more than half of its members (56%) currently export, which is significantly higher than the UK average of a third (32%).
Six out of ten businesses in our region are aiming to grow their sales internationally
We can provide information about opportunities around the world to help achieve this ambition.
Exploring the Shenzhen and the China Markets
August 21, 2019
The Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce is organising a trade delegation to Shenzhen in November 2019. A unique opportunity to experience China first hand, attend the All China Hi Tech Fair and link directly to Shenzhen based businesses for one-to-one meetings.
An informative breakfast and networking event with a panel of speakers including Jim Galloway, head of enterprise and innovation at the City of Edinburgh Council, who will introduce you to Shenzhen, the Greater Bay Area and the China markets.
Jim will also speak about all the support available for businesses wishing to participate in a trade mission to Shenzhen in November with the opportunity to go onto the China Hi-Tech Fair.
Where are the opportunities for my business?
- China is the world’s second largest economy
- Shenzhen, China’s Special Economic Zone, is home to some of the world’s leading high-tech companies
- The city of Shenzhen was ranked 19th in the 2016 Global Financial Centres Index
The key sectors:
- Finance and banking service
- Equipment production
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Research and development
- Telecommunications equipment
- Software industry
- Creative design
Email Lola.Nicolas@edinburghchamber.co.uk to book.
BCC International Trade Summit 2019
October 17, 2019
The BCC's 2019 International Trade Summit is being held in London on October 17, 2019 and will give delegates practical advice, invaluable resources and the contacts needed to grow business internationally.
You will have the opportunity to meet and greet companies from the UK and abroad who are considering new markets. You’ll also meet colleagues from UK and overseas Chamber networks, as well as others with an interest in international trade and business. More details available on BCC website here.
There are 20 complimentary tickets available. Please use code ABD19.
Please ensure you have taken up this offer and booked your complimentary tickets by Friday, September 20. Click here to book.
Trade mission to Dublin, Ireland
November 6 - 7, 2019
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce is delighted to invite you to join a delegation of businesses to Dublin, Ireland.
This trade mission will help your business tap into business opportunities in Ireland. Did you know that Ireland is the UK’s fifth largest export market and imports more from the UK than any other country?
The UK accounts for 24% of imports into Ireland. In 2018, exports of goods and services from the UK to Ireland totalled £18.6bn. Ireland is an ideal market for companies starting to trade internationally.
The country offers many opportunities in the following sectors:
· Medical technologies
· Financial services
Ireland offers many advantages for Scottish businesses with its close proximity, as it is geographically close and shares the same language, time zone as well as a similar culture. Ireland also benefits from a strong and flexible economic environment, highly favourable for SMEs.
As part of this trade mission delegates will receive a market briefing at Dublin Chamber of Commerce office in Dublin, networking lunch with Dublin Chamber members, one-to-one business meeting based on your company requirements with potential clients in Dublin and the surrounding area. You will also have an opportunity to network and explore the export potential in Ireland for your organisation.
- You do not need to be a member of the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce to qualify for a delegate place.
- There is only one delegate place per company offered.
- As we expect high demand for this mission, we will limit spaces to two companies per sector. This will be on a first come first served basis.
- Your business will need to cover all travel, accommodation, insurance and food costs during the trip. (This is in the region of £500-£550 per delegate)
Although we are heavily subsidising the costs of organising the programme for the trade mission for those successful applicants, each delegate will be required to contribute £100 non-refundable deposit to secure your place.
Services included in the visit
- Scoping conference call with Alcomis in market (Alcomis is a Management and Business Development Consulting company with significant experience of setting up b-2-b meetings)
- Marketing of your product or service to potential clients and business to business matching (2 meetings per company representative)
- Networking lunch with members of the Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Visit and tour of the Guinness Brewery (optional - additional fee for delegates to attend 40-50 euros approx. per person)
- Market briefing session
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share the application form and draft programme. Deadline for applications is August 19, 2019.
Dubai Expo 2020 is a £6bn opportunity for Scottish firms
More than £6bn worth of contracts will be tendered across events, hospitality, security, IT, retail, food and drink and design and creative for the six-month exhibition, which runs from October 2020 to April 2021. Opportunities will arise for developers, contractors, consultants and product solutions in a vast range of sectors - IT, engineering, design, innovation, logistics, tourism, events, overlay packages, security, food and drink, and energy efficiency being just some.
Dubai Expo 2020 is built on a 438 hectare site and is expected to attract 25m visitors over its six month duration. Projects relating to delivering the event are expected to be in the region of $33bn. Expo 2020 announced 20 per cent of all budget would be spent with small and medium enterprises, and to support this, the Expo 2020 team have set up an online portal for companies to submit procurement tenders.
Please contact the Scottish Development International Expo 2020 Dubai team for futher information or visit the below links
UK Pavilion Opportunities: