Accountancy firm MHA Henderson Loggie are to host a webinar on ‘How to start your own business’ on Thursday October 29 from 12.30pm – 2pm.
The webinar is part of their Start-up Business Month to help budding entrepreneurs, start-ups and small firms with less than two years of trading, navigate an unfamiliar road to success.
With a fantastic line-up of speakers and a wide range of topics to cover to help you get your business idea off the ground, they will be sharing with you useful resources, helpful practical tips to get you started and also live examples from start-up owners who will share what their journey has been like and things they have learned along the way.
Find out more and sign-up to the webinar here: https://hlca.co.uk/webinar-how-to-start-your-own-business/
Director Suzanne Kerr said the start-up business webinar is a direct response to the predicted spike in the number of new businesses expected in the months ahead as changes are made to the Government support schemes and the economic crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Following the financial crash of 2008, there was a rapid rise in the numbers of new business start-ups and we’re expecting to see the same again. Economic downturn has an upside for entrepreneurs, who see opportunities in a recession to launch and grow a business.”
- Statistics from the FSB (The Federation of Small Businesses) for the UK in 2019:
- There were 5.8 million small businesses at the start of 2019.
- Compared with the previous year, the private sector business population increased 3.5% (+200,000 businesses).
- The UK private sector business population is made up of 3.5 million sole proprietorships (59% of the total), 2.0 million actively trading companies (34%) and 405,000 ordinary partnerships (7%) in 2019.
- At the start of 2019 there were 5.82 million small businesses (with 0 to 49 employees), 99.3% of the total business. SMEs account for 99.9% of the business population (5.9 million businesses). SMEs account for three fifths of the employment and around half of turnover in the UK private sector.
- More than 18,000 searches per month are made in Google UK for ‘how to start a business’ (kwfinder.com)
- 65% of adults in the UK - almost two thirds - wanted to start their own business according to a survey this year by microbizmag.co.uk
- There were 75,000 new companies formed in June 2020, a rise of almost 25,000 on the same time last year
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org