Northern Star Business Awards
The Northern Star Business Awards is the Chamber’s annual awards evening which recognises companies around the North-east for exceptional accomplishments across a range of fields, from energy to innovation, customer service to people development.
Nominations for the Northern Star Business Awards 2018 will open on February 20. Award categories will be announced shortly.
Interested in being a 2018 sponsor?
The Awards offers a unique opportunity to network with a range of business people across a mix of sectors on our networking tables - providing a great setting to gain new contacts, boost exposure and celebrate local talent.
We have a range of sponsorship opportunities available for the 2018 awards.
Please contact email@example.com for information.
To find out more, contact the events team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With an audience of around 600 guests, the Northern Star Business Awards celebrate business success across the region and we were delighted to give 14 awards again this year.
We would like to invite you to nominate your organisation as a charity partner at the 2018 event. Nominations are simple and details of how to enter are below.
Each year we work with five member organisations (registered charities) to be the beneficiaries of envelope donations made on the night. This year Befriend a Child, Charlie House, Denis Law Legacy Trust, Inspire PTL (Partnership Through Life) and NSPCC Scotland all received proceeds from the event, totalling nearly £6,000 (excluding Gift Aid).
As a charity partner, you will purchase a table at the discounted third sector price of £1,300 + VAT (RRP £1,770 + VAT) and we’ve held this price for the third year running.
- 12 guest tickets
- 3 course meal with tea & coffee
- Red and white wine
- Still and sparkling water
- An invite to the launch of the awards in March 2018
- Pre event coverage in our Business Bulletin
- Exposure via Chamber eNews sent to over 5,000 subscribers
- An invite to the finalists reception on Thursday September 20, 2018
- Logo displayed throughout the evening
- Logo displayed on the charity envelopes at selected tables
- Logo in the evening programme on the night
- Mention by our host or chief executive in the opening remarks and a reminder throughout the evening
- Coverage in the Winner’s Review; published and distributed with the Business Bulletin immediately after the event
On the night, you will be given designated tables to manage; rallying support and collecting envelopes which include details for you to be able to claim Gift Aid. We also ask you to provide charity pens for guests to use.
If you’d like to go ahead and nominate your organisation as a charity partner, please email email@example.com with a note of your interest by 5pm on Friday November 24, 2017.
Priority will be given to those charities who have not already been charity partners in previous years and given the expected level of interest we always have, we have to work on a first come, first served basis. If you are selected, you will need to confirm this with a PO No. and/or invoice details (we can be flexible on the timing of payment if you require this to be used in your 2018 budget).
2017 Winners & Finalists
Achievement in International Business
- Churchill Drilling Tools - WINNER
- Iqarus In Association with International SOS
- Schoolhill Hydraulic Engineering Co Ltd
- Aberdeen Performing Arts
- Fifth Ring
- Korero PR - WINNER
- One Stop Waste Solutions
Commitment to Innovative Use of Research & Development
- TWMA - WINNER
- Wood Group
Commitment to People Development
- James Laings & Son Limited - WINNER
- Quensh Specialists Ltd
Excellence in Customer Service
- Aberdeen Performing Arts - WINNER
- Eat on the Green
- Glen Tanar Estate
- Grampian Transport Museum
Excellence in Health & Safety
- BrewDog Plc - Highly Commended
- Stewart Milne Group - WINNER
Excellence and Innovation in Procurement
- Aberdeen City Council
- Craig International - WINNER
- Greenwell Equipment
Overall Business of the Year
- AISUS Offshore - WINNER
- Bon Accord Care
- James Laing & Sons Limited
Outstanding Contribution to Society
- Absafe - WINNER
- Bon Accord Shopping Centre
- HorseBack UK - Highly Commended
- Aberdeen Sports Village
- Andrew Johnson, Blaze Manufacturing Solutions - WINNER
- Craig Rochester, Eat on The Green
- Rhona MacLennan, People Factor Consultants
- Julia Heys, VisitAberdeenshire
Student Placement Award
- Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre
- Marathon Oil - WINNER
- Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Ltd - Highly Commended
The Green Award
- Dab Den Ltd
- Deeside Activity Park
- Douneside House Limited - WINNER
Click here, to read read the summary of all the winners from the night in our Winners Review.
For information regarding attendance or sponsorship, visit www.northernstarawards.co.uk, call 01224 343901 or follow #TimeToShine on Twitter.