There are a number of areas that impact on the business community on a local, national and international level. Our goal is simple - we want to work with our members to tackle these key issues.
Our focus is on:
- Ensuring that any new migration system for the UK is light touch and flexible, meeting the specific needs of our regional economy.
- Working with the Scottish Government to deliver more powers to city regions, building on the success of the Aberdeen City Region Deal.
- Supporting the UK’s oil and gas industry to continue to deliver its critical contribution to the UK’s domestic energy security.
- Backing a leading role for the North-east in delivering net zero targets, leveraging our world-renowned expertise in engineering and track record of success in energy innovation.
- Moving forward decisively with key infrastructure projects, such as the Shared Rural Network programme, to support our region’s connectivity.
- Delivering policy which reduces upfront business costs and encourages investment throughout the economy.