To support this, the Chamber is a co-author and delivery partner in the North-east Regional Economic Strategy, holds board positions at Opportunity North East, Visit Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen Inspired and takes the lead on a number of key initiatives. In this part of our website you can read more about the work we do.
- We have pulled together the business community to create, fund and project manage our shared regional narrative and open source resources toolkit to enable everyone to share a positive and consistent story about our part of the world helping to attract and retain the investment, businesses, skilled people, students and tourists we need to deliver our economic ambitions. See more here.
- We are at the heart of the economic diversification strategy supporting our key growth sectors: digital; life sciences; food and drink; tourism and energy. Specific focus now is on positioning this region, Europe’s oil and gas capital as the place than can lead the world in energy transition and deliver meaningful action and momentum to the climate change challenge facing our generation.
- We run the Circular North-east programme supporting Zero Waste Scotland in its aims to improve awareness of and engagement in the circular economy agenda. We have engaged with around 1,800 businesses. 12 companies have received consultancy support, research or development grants totalling £200k and 4 further project funding applications worth £1.7m are currently being assessed. As a result, awareness of CE in the region has increased from 32% to 59%. See more here.
- We act as the host for the Developing the Young Workforce North-east programme. In the 12 months to April 2020 this included working with 34 secondary and 15 primary schools. Facilitating 438 work inspiration activities delivered by 168 different employers from a wide range of sectors, setting up 421 employer school partnerships and engaging with 21,767 young people, 2,119 parents and 2,908 teachers. Find out more here.
- We set up and run the Vanguard programme giving the next generation of our business leaders a meaningful role in designing the region of the future. See more here.
- We are working with SDI and other key stakeholders on designing a regional export partnership to grow the numbers of companies exporting, support existing exporters to increase their activities and ensuring companies in the North-east are Brexit-ready
Read our latest reports, including our 2019 General Election manifesto, here.