At Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce, we deliver a specific customs declaration service ensuring that your custom clearance is accurate, timely and avoids additional costs through delays or errors.
With direct links to the HMRC Customs handling system plus all inventory linked ports in the UK, we can ensure that your goods - no matter whether they enter or leave the UK by sea, air or road - will be cleared for onward transportation smoothly. We can help you keep your time sensitive supply chains moving efficiently and economically.
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce offers two custom broker options for businesses:
1. Fully-assisted customs clearance
Our dedicated and efficient team of custom agents will handle the entire customs declarations process for you. Send us your commercial invoice, packing list and any other supporting documents and we’ll liaise with HMRC and manage your customs declarations on your behalf. We'll confirm back once your goods have ben cleared at the port.
2. Fast track customs clearance - We'll guide you through
We will help you with port clearance of your Customs Declarations and Transit documents and give you direct access to our system through our Exabler portal. All you need to do is upload a spreadsheet of commodity codes and associated data for fast entry and clearance.
Why should you use our customs declarations service?
We understand the intricate nature of customs so you don’t have to.
- Compliance – we are fully compliant custom agents and brokers who ensure that the goods that you are importing or exporting can be cleared through customs, meeting all the necessary HMRC checks and regulations
- Access to all UK ports – with direct links to every sea, air and road ports in the UK, no matter whether your goods leave, we’ll ensure they’re cleared for onward transportation. This also means we don’t need to rely on third parties to clear goods for import and export.
- Prompt 1-1 service – our expert team of custom brokers provide a reliable and efficient service giving you access to your own dedicated Chamber customs agent from initial enquiry to confirmation of delivery, setting us apart from the traditional freight forwarder offering.
Free Trade Agreement with the EU
The origin of goods being exported to the EU will be done by self-certification via a declaration on the invoice which must include a UK EORI number. For exports from the EU to the UK, EU exporters will use the REX system. This will also be used for goods entering Northern Ireland. The origin declaration will be similar to the UK-Japan agreement
You need an EORI number to move goods in and out of the UK.
If you do not have an EORI number, please apply to HMRC here: https://www.gov.uk/eori
If you already have your EORI number, please complete the following: