Pinsent Masons is delighted to extend an invite to a breakfast event which focuses on the employment law regime of the UAE.
Employment law issues and labour relations in the UAE and Middle East are now firmly on the radar of many international companies, irrespective of the sector in which they operate. Whether it is worker strikes, nationalisation policies, business immigration or social media restrictions, such issues are increasingly on the agenda for employment counsel and HR professionals within global organisations.
Who should attend?
- HR professionals
- In-house legal teams
- Senior business managers who have responsibility for existing operations in the UAE and Middle East region or are considering entering those markets.
The key issues which will be discussed are:
- Fundamentals - employment contracts, visa sponsorship and the legal regime
- Remuneration - pay, contractual incentives and statutory benefits
- Cost saving - redundancy, restructures and workforce management
- Nationalisation - policies, implementation and implications for employers
- Terminations - process, payments and risk
- Comparison - of the UK and UAE employment regimes. The good, the bad and the ugly....
Confirmed as a speaker is Luke Tapp, Pinsent Masons LLP.
A session will take place in London on July 14 from 8:30am to 10am at 30 Crown Place, EC2a 4ES. Locally, there is also an Aberdeen session on July 16, from 8:30am to 10am at 13 Queen's Road, AB15 4YL. If you would like to attend, please click here to sign up.