The finalists have been announced for the Northern Star Business Awards, Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce’s (AGCC) annual accolades for successful businesses across the region.
The awards recognise companies in the North-east for their exceptional accomplishments across a range of fields from energy to innovation, people development to customer service.
There are 14 awards being presented in September at a dinner attended by around 800 members of the North-east business community.
The finalists in the categories are:
- Achievement in International Business
- Equalizer International
- Flowline Specialists
- Commitment to Innovative Use of Research & Development
- Meta Downhole
- Commitment to People Development
- Banks O' Dee Sports Club
- Indigo Technologies
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Beetroot Restaurants Ltd
- Grampian Fasteners
- Macrae & Dick Honda
- Excellence in Health & Safety
- Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC)
- Aberdeen International Airport
- Aker Solutions
- Made in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Festivals/Statoil
- North Hop Aberdeen/Frasermedia
- Outstanding Contribution to Society
- Aberdeen FC Community Trust
- Community Food Initiatives North East
- DA (Drugs Action)
- the breadmaker
- Outstanding Contribution to the Energy Sector
- Blaze Manufacturing Solutions
- Step Change in Safety
- Overall Business of the Year
- CHC Helicopters
- EFC Group (Electro-Flow Controls Ltd)
- The Bryant Group (Scotland) Limited
- Rising Star
- Aberdeen FC Community Trust - Dean McBain
- Entier Limited - Danielle Ritchie
- Lubbers UK Ltd - Nick Latham
- Wood Group Kenny - Samantha Murray
- Student Placement
- Aker Solutions
- Stena Drilling Ltd
- Total E&P UK
- The Business Diversity
- The Green Award
- Deeside Activity Park
The winner of the final award – for lifetime achievement - is announced on the night.
This year sees a new award category “Made In Aberdeen” which celebrates collaborations between arts and business.
A new principal sponsor for the awards is also unveiled as Aberdeen FC Community Trust.
The trust is one of the five charities that has been chosen to benefit from the event. The other charities are Drugs Action, Satrosphere, The ARCHIE Foundation and the breadmaker.
Over £7,000 was raised for local charities through the generosity of the guests who attended last year’s event.
AGCC membership director Liam Smyth said: “The Northern Star Business Awards is the biggest celebration of success and gives recognition to business organisations across all sectors in the North-east.
This year’s finalists can be proud of their achievement and look forward to a night of celebration on September 24 at the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre in the Bridge of Don.
“The night itself is a tremendous occasion and the 12th Northern Star Business Awards will showcase outstanding achievement in business from across a range of categories.”
For information regarding attendance or sponsorship, visit www.northernstarawards.co.uk or call 01224 343901.