Here are the business stories making the headlines across Scotland and the UK this morning.
Toys R Us to return to Aberdeen after eight years
Toys R Us is preparing to return to Aberdeen after almost a decade.
The iconic toy retailer previously had two stores in the city, a huge toy shop in Berryden Retail Park and a unit in Union Square. However, both shops closed when the retailer went into administration in 2018.
Now, the brand will return to Aberdeen with a new “shop-in-shop” inside the TG Jones store in the St Nicholas Centre.
Probe ordered into Daily Mail owner's £500m takeover of Telegraph
An investigation into the proposed £500million takeover of the Telegraph by the owners of the Daily Mail has been ordered by the government on public interest and competition grounds.
Culture Secretary Lisa Nandy said she had launched the probe over concerns the deal could affect the "plurality of views" in the UK media.
Competition issues will be assessed by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), while media regulator Ofcom will look at the public interest impact, Nandy said.
Game District: Elgin game shop set to open on Aberdeen’s Union Street
A new game shop will open its doors on Union Street this weekend.
Game District, which launched on Elgin High Street in 2024, is set to expand to Aberdeen.
The shop, which sells and repairs technology along with digital and tabletop games and cards and collectibles, will open at 177 Union Street. The gaming shop will open on February 14, from the former Geek Retreat shop.
BBC plots £600m of cuts with fears for jobs and programming
The BBC plans to slash more than £500million from its annual budget in a move almost certain to involve job losses and programme cuts.
The public service broadcaster told staff it was aiming to strip out a tenth of its annual costs over the next three years. The BBC’s operating costs stood at just over £6billion last year, meaning the savings would amount to around £600million.
It is not yet clear exactly where the cost savings will be targeted but staff fear job cuts and further cutbacks to output.
Tesco plans to give under-18s Clubcard access this year
Tesco intends to make its Clubcard available to under-18s this year, the supermarket said.
Its loyalty scheme allows shoppers to get discounts on thousands of products, including its popular meal deals, and collect points which can be turned into vouchers.
The supermarket did not say why it has decided to widen eligibility to younger customers, or elaborate on how this might work.