Trump International Golf Links is set for another high-profile week of golf this summer after the DP World Tour confirmed the return of the Nexo Championship to Aberdeenshire.

The tournament will take place from August 20-23 and will conclude the DP World Tour’s Closing Swing – the final event of the opening phase of the 2026 Race to Dubai.

Nexo has renewed its title partnership for a second year, with the tournament prize fund increasing to $3 million.

The 2025 inaugural edition saw Scotland’s Grant Forrest claim victory on home soil, securing his second DP World Tour title and winning the first-ever Course Record presented by Nexo bonus after firing a second-round 66.

Ben Cowen, Chief Tournament and Operations Officer at the DP World Tour, said: “We are pleased to have reached this new agreement with both Nexo and Trump International Golf Links for the Nexo Championship to again be part of our global schedule, and we thank them for their continued commitment.

“The Trump International Old Course has earned a reputation as one of the leading new links courses in the United Kingdom, and it was a great backdrop for last year’s tournament. With the Staysure PGA Seniors Championship taking place on our Staysure Legends Tour at the start of August, it is set to be another fantastic month of golf in Aberdeen this summer.”

Eric F. Trump, speaking on behalf of the host venue, said: “We are greatly honoured to host the DP World Tour’s Nexo Championship at Trump International, Scotland – home of the greatest 36 holes in world golf.

“This is the second consecutive year we have hosted this prestigious event, and I am immensely proud of the two championships link courses that we have built along the spectacular North Sea shoreline. It is testament to their quality and stature that both the Old Course and New Course will host world-class tournaments this August.”

More like this…

View all