As from today [March 23], the following measures have been introduced in relation to registration service (births, deaths, marriages, still-births, civil partnership and citizenship ceremonies) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Birth registrations have been suspended until further notice.
- Face to face still birth registrations and face to face death registrations have been suspended until further notice. The city council is are awaiting emergency legislation changes and will update its website when the information is available.
- New measures are in place for civil ceremonies.â€¯A maximum of four people can attend a civil ceremony at the council offices.â€¯This includes the couple and their witnesses.
- Pre-booked civil ceremonies must also adhere to the current attendee restrictions of four persons.
- Any marriage/civil partnership paperwork which was due for collection (egschedules) will be from Marischal College.
- Notice of marriage or civil partnership can only be accepted by post to Marischal College. Please do not send your documentation if your wedding is any further than six weeks ahead.
- Should you wish to postpone or cancel a marriage or civil partnership ceremony, please contact 01224 522616 as soon as possible. If you wish to cancel you will be entitled to a full refund or the council can hold onto your booking until you have decided on another date.
- Citizenship ceremonies have been postponed until further notice.
- Request for historical certificates are only be available via the online service at present.